While there will never be a billboard telling you it’s the right time to get help for problem gambling, you often know in your gut that it's getting to be too much and you could use some support to quit gambling. Here are 5 signs that gambling is no longer serving you:
1. You feel exhausted by the amount of time you spend thinking about gambling.
2. You feel like gambling might be getting in the way of making genuine connections and memories.
3. You fear losing important relationships - family and friends - because of your gambling.
4. You've experienced increasing amounts of anxiety and guilt after gambling online or in real life.
5. Gambling is impacting your ability to pay your bills or keep your promises.
6. You're excited when you think about what you could achieve with more time, energy and money.
If you identify with any of the above, know that it’s nothing to be ashamed of. You can make a change, and our problem gambling resources are here to support you.